The Hybrid Audio X631-3 system consists of a 7.1″ 3-way component set, designed for the discerning consumer interested in a reference-standard speaker system.
The term “Legatia” is well-known amongst car audiophiles, specialty dealers, and distributors around the world. The Hybrid Audio Technologies Legatia namesake is consistently the winningest brand of speakers for over a decade in organized competition in the USA and abroad.
Legatia X celebrates the efficacy of the brand with a series of products that emphasize sound quality reproduction, offered in a variety of bespoke midbass and midrange options. To begin, you can choose between carbon fiber and paper cones, as well as the inclusion of a dust cap or extended phase plug pole piece. Likewise, the fine fabric diaphragm Legatia X tweeter comes in both brushed aluminum finish or black anodizing.
Legatia X products are sold in a la carte speaker pairs, with bespoke options, allowing the end-user to design a custom system of Legatia X products or a combination of Legatia X products and other Hybrid Audio Technologies product offerings.
Legatia X series midranges and midbass utilize the same exact mounting topology as the Legatia products for immediate ‘drop-in’ upgrade potential.
Legatia X systems are the benchmark speakers systems from Hybrid Audio Technologies.
The Legatia X-series component speakers are electrodynamic drivers that are comprised of a diaphragm (cone, or in the case of the Legatia X1, a fine fabric diaphragm and ring) that is set in motion by a motor system that has both electrical and mechanical components.
The X-series midrange designs boast several key elements which enhance the driver’s performance between the Legatia SE-series speakers and the Legatia X-series speakers:
- ❍ Hand-matched close tolerance sets with certificate of authenticity and a print-out of individual speaker parameters;
- ❍ More authoritative upper-range frequency response ability (wider bandwidth operation), especially off-axis: six full octaves of information;
- ❍ Lower inductance;
- ❍ Slightly higher resonance frequencies across all models for more transparent and tonally accurate low to middle midrange playback ability;
- ❍ Higher thermal power handling by AES standard;
- ❍ Higher thermal power handling with suggested crossover;
- ❍ Lower moving mass for better transient response;
- ❍ Typically higher compliance of motor system;
- ❍ Shallower mounting depth than a comparable Legatia SE model;
- ❍ Use of proprietary frames with embossed Hybrid Audio Technologies “cross” logos on the inverse side of the mounting flange, to ensure that the Legatia X speakers are the genuine article, and not a forgery or copy;
- ❍ A decidedly bespoke approach to cone topology and dust cap/extended phase plug pole piece topology, where the end-user can decide between hybrid pressed paper diaphragms and carbon fiber diaphragms, as well as the use of dust caps or extended phase plug pole pieces in both the X3 midrange and the X6 midrange/midbass;
- ❍ Use of a proprietary “double S” fine fabric surround to radically improve linear excursion, restorative force, and damping of edge mode distortion;
- ❍ Significantly more open spider venting for improved thermal power handling and improved motor cooling;
- ❍ Inclusion of voice coil former venting holes, again instrumental in venting for improved thermal power handling and improved motor cooling;
- ❍ Inclusion of an enhanced single-dip phenolic spider for enhanced linear excursion, more than double of that of the Legatia SE midrange and midbass;
- ❍ Inclusion of nickel-plated, spring-loaded binding post terminals for enhanced connectivity, separated by a greater degree than the Legatia SE to ensure less accidental short-circuits, and loosening of the binding posts due to mechanical vehicle vibration;
- ❍ Inclusion of high-energy opposing double-stacked neodymium cup and motor for increased motor performance and smaller diameter motor;
- ❍ Inclusion of aluminum radiator for heat dissipation and increased thermal power handling;
- ❍ Inclusion of gold-tinted copper-plated aluminum extended phase plug pole piece;
- ❍ Inclusion of laser-etched back plate cap with Hybrid Audio Technologies logo and Legatia X nomenclature; and
- ❍ Inclusion of a wooden gift box.
Driver specifications are available by following this link.
FIND A DEALER